Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Shrewd as serpents overseas

As the victim of an assault overseas,  who will be going back to that same country  long-term, I appreciated this article calling for shrewdness by Christians when they travel abroad. My attack messed me up for a while with panic attacks, depression, and losing my driver's license for a time.

God is a protector. He was with me when I was attacked speaking peace and giving strength. He brought me out of the initial danger, and stayed with me through my long road to full healing.

Because my calling is to eventually go back to the country where my attack happened, I know God does not want Christians giving up on missions. But I do know he wants us to use wisdom to take precautions before and, if it does happen, respond correctly when we face danger.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well said. I am so proud of you.
God Is our hope, shield and strength.